Company News Releases...

August 11, 2004

Pacific Booker Minerals Inc. has received the Preliminary Assessment Report on its Morrison / Hearne Hill Project prepared by Beacon Hill Consultants (1988) Ltd.

The Morrison / Hearne Hill Project is located 65 kms northeast of Smithers, BC. The Morrison deposit is approximately 22 kms north of the former producing open pit Bell Copper mine (15,000 tonnes per day) and approximately 30 kms north of the former producing Granisle open pit Copper mine (12,000 tonnes per day).

Pacific Booker was therefore originally planning the open pit mine at Morrison / Hearne Hill to produce at 18,000 tonnes per day. Pit optimization studies in the Beacon Hill report indicate that the deposit would ideally be mined at 25,000 tonnes per day, using a 12m bench height, 150 tonne haulage trucks and a conventional floatation mill. The concentrate should be of good copper grade (28%) and low in impurities. Plans are to truck the concentrate to Stewart for shipment to Asian smelters.

It is proposed that the majority of the 180 person mine work force will live in the nearby community of Granisle and commute to the mine twice daily by bus and barge across Babine Lake. A 40 person camp will be maintained at the mine site for those individuals, particularly Babine First Nations from Old Fort and Burns Lake, for whom it is impractical to commute on a daily basis.

Besides the plans for mining, milling and operating the proposed mine, the Beacon Hill report also describes the various aspects of the Environmental Assessment program such as surface and ground water monitoring, acid rock drainage and metal leaching, fisheries and aquatic studies, flora and fauna studies, archaeology and socio-economic issues.

The Beacon Hill report indicates that the project is potentially viable based upon the proposed 25,000 tonnes per day mining rate and an estimated capital cost of Cdn$175.2 million. At an average operating cost of $6.07 per tonne (mining and milling), a copper price of US$1.10 per pound and a gold price of US$385 per ounce, the project would generate an after tax internal rate of return (IRR) of 14.69% with a Net Present Value (NPV) of Cdn $186.4 million undiscounted and $80.8 million discounted 5%. Payback of initial capital can be achieved in 5.6 years.

The optimized mineral resources for the open pit are estimated at 86,892,000 tonnes, grading 0.45% Cu and 0.257 grams/tonne Au. Waste rock produced is estimated at 125,256,700 tonnes giving a waste to ore ratio of 1.44. Approximately 97% of the mineral resources are classified as measured and indicated while the remaining 3% are inferred. Contained within this waste is material that would be placed on a low-grade stockpile and, subject to prevailing metal prices, processed after the foregoing mineral resource was depleted. This low-grade stockpile consists of 28,152,000 tonnes with a grade of 0.278% Cu and 0.123 grams/tonne Au. The economic results are based upon the processing of the stockpile during the last 3.5 years of the mine life.

The sensitivities for gold selling price, mining grade, capital cost, operating cost and copper selling price show that the project is robust. The Volume 1 Summary of the report is posted on the Pacific Booker website.

Pacific Booker has been doing many of the Environmental programs such as water monitoring, fish and wildlife studies and acid rock drainage for many months as detailed in various news releases and on the website. Pacific Booker’s current plans are to initiate the various other programs needed for the feasibility study, such as geotechnical drilling in both the pit area and waste rock / tailings storage areas and advanced metallurgical test work.

Chris J. Sampson, President

Pacific Booker Minerals Inc.

“No regulatory authority has approved or disapproved the information contained in this news release. This release includes certain statement that may be deemed “forward-looking statements”. All statements in this release, other than statement of historical facts, that address future production, reserve potential, exploration drilling, exploitation activities and events or developments that the Company expects are forward-looking statements. Although the Company believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include market prices, exploitation and exploration successes, continued availability of capital and financing, general economic, market or business conditions. Investors are cautious that any such statements are not guarantees of future performance and that actual results or developments may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements.”